Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Call to Christianity

On the Long Winding Road
"It beatitudes which give blessings to us who live with the poor, show mercy, make peace, hunger of justice, I was called to live in vulnerability I am accepting persecution as a blessing. Not a mindless “ consumer” leaving a singular selfish life toward community leaving my arrogance and showing how I am totally dependent on God. This was a call to a life time of more than conventional Catholicism and opened my eyes to desperate need and justice, seeing this one hurt another hungry, an other desperate, and I responded with what I had. It meant poor in jail – a most unpopular place for the un-poor. I saw that living by the Gospel flies by the teeth of the North American obsession in proper, a sickness; a social disease."
Father David Kirk

source: http://www.fatherdavidkirk.com/quotes/call_to_christianity.html

No comments: