Thursday, December 31, 2009

Angelrage - For the Least of My Brothers

UNOFFICIAL music video for Angelrage's song, For the Least of My Brothers, from our upcoming eponymous CD.
The haunting song is about an encounter with a homeless man who turns out to be Jesus Christ. The band wrote the track in honor of Pastor Bob Beeman in an effort to raise public awareness of the growing problem of homelessness in America, and across the globe. Please watch the video and visit the sites listed at the end to learn how you can help.

For the Least of My Brothers

As I was walking by a man on the street said to me
Please my brother could you spare me some change
He smelled of hard times and pain
On the street in the rain on I walked until he called me by name he said

Can you lend a hand
Dont turn away
Now Im talking to you
Dont you know but for the grace of God, youd walk there too

He was so grateful that it pierced me right through as I gave this wretched stranger all the little I had
I never felt so poor
Wished I could do something more and as I forced myself to look away again he said

Can you lend a hand
Dont turn away
Now Im talking to you
Dont you know but for the grace of God, youd walk there too

Why do my children lack
I gave the skin off my back
Do you not hear their cries
How can you leave them to die

I left there shaken and later that night
as I lay awake convicted there in my warm bed
I wondered how hed fare in the cold world out there and still I hear him calling my name he says

Can you lend a hand
Dont turn away
Now Im talking to you
Dont you know but for the grace of God, youd walk there too

For the least of my brothers could you show them some love
For the least of my brothers up in Heaven above
Sweet child, dont you understand everything that you do for them
You do for me

For the least of my brothers
For the least of my brothers
For the least of my brothers
I sent you

1 comment:

Father Theodosius - Dayroyo Theodosius said...

If you like the band, here is a link to there web site. You should have a visit. http://angelrage.com/