Sunday, November 2, 2008

Your Life and Mine Has a Less Value

In Downtown Los Angeles the winos refer to 5th street as The Nickel. Tom Waits sings this song ON THE NICKEL. It's about being down and out on the Nickel but it could just as well be down and out anywhere.

Watch this video carefully. The picture are not all old. Some look like today. In just a few days those who have not already voted will do so. There are those who claim that this is an election for life... the pro-life folks. But what does pro-life really mean to them.

They are correct this election is about life, but more than the life of the unborn child. A few months ago I read an article that said that ours and my life span depends upon where we live... between 53 years and 83 years. The poor you and I are the more likely we will die from lack of health car, lack of food, lack of clean water. Poverty is a life issue.
I don't tell people how to vite. I presit or bishop, or any minister or pastor has not business to do so. It is unChristian. It is an attack against God, and an attack against you and me.

So go out an vote. Make sure you know what the right issues are, and what the candidates are really saying, not the attacks on each other which serve no purpose than to cover up their true beliefs.

The creator of this video also created the video below. We are under fier as Willie Nelson sings in his song. Willie has a very special and effective of getting the story right the first time. Perhaps that is why I am working on a small book of the Theology of Willie Nelson, and I bet you never thought that Willie was one of this genrations great theologians.


It would seem that the life of a unborn children has a greater value than me at 63 years. We will kill off the old. don't they have a name for that?


These three videos were created by the same person. he has a great talent, would have gotten an A in my editing class. here is what he wrote about this last video, and think we all know who the shoe will fit;

I WON'T POINT TO OR CRITIZE ANY LOCAL. IF THE SHOE FITS THAN THAT'S WHAT THE VIDEO IS ABOUT. I KNOW THE WORKING POOR GO WITHOUT HEALTH CARE, THE ELDERLY GO WITHOUT THEIR MEDICATION, AND OUR CHILDREN, ESPICIALLY AUTISTIC CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES ARE IGNORED. WE CAN DO BETTER AND WE WILL. MY JUDY IS LAYERED IN ONE OF THE PHOTOS OF THE REFINERY IN WOOD RIVER, ILL.

No comments: