Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Good Earth

I read the following on a Yahoo list today.

Dear brethren,
SHALOM

I happened to be with Mr. Neil Armstrong, the famous astronaut in a
dinner hosted to honor him in Mumbai in 1995 by the company I was
working with then.

Among other things, I casually asked him about his reminiscence of
the moon landing and how he feels about it now. His reply touched my
heart.  

He said, "From far away on the return trip, when I saw the Earth,
beautiful in its glorious mixture of bluish green and silver color, I
was filled with so much passion and great gratitude and always
continued to praise the Lord for gifting us such a marvellous place
to live"

Is it not unfortunate that we refuse to realize this and relentlessly
vie each other in destroying all the wonderful things in this
marvelous gift of God, the only such place in the entire universe?
The irony is that most of the destructions are in the name of God, by
the representatives of God as if God need protection of these puny
mortals.

P. Abraham Paul, Karottuveetil, Trivandrum..
SOCM #3321       

 
  

No comments: